- Why You Should Stay Away From Folders in SharePoint Online21. April 2022Colleagues in our company often ask me why I recommend using metadata over managing folders and sub-folders in a SharePoint document library. I have been using SharePoint for many years now in projects and programs and for this question I have a good response. This article answers this question and offers you an overview of the advantages of tagging documents and list entries with metadata versus [more ...]
- How to Create a Risk Log in SharePoint Online8. March 2022Risk management is a central activity in project management, but is unfortunately often neglected. Projects fail because of risks that are discovered too late, ignored or simply not sought. Risk management is not complex but is hard work and the most important thing: it must be done with conviction. Software such as Excel or SharePoint can help you document and communicate risks throughout the [more ...]
- Why You Should Have an Issue Log in Your Project24. January 2022Do you have an Issue Log in your project and do you use it consistently? In my view, the Issue Log is one of the most neglected or underestimated tools in project management. The Issue Log is not just a simple list of issues, but behind it is a management culture of how you handle issues in your project. If you want to know what exactly an Issue Log is, how to apply it, its benefits and how to [more ...]
- Why You Should Write Meeting Minutes10. January 2022As a project manager, you conduct or participate in many meetings. At these meetings, facts are exchanged, decisions are made or only information is provided. Information flows that might be important to you at a later point in time. I therefore recommend that you always write down important points at meetings and, if it makes sense, have them confirmed by the other party. Why? Read on and you [more ...]
Project Management Quote of the Week
A Minimum Viable Product (MVP) is a version of a new product which allows a team to collect the maximum amount of validated learning about customers with the least effort.”
I'm a project management expert and author of several successful project management books on Earned Value Management, Project Control, Scrum and Project Risk Management and have worked in various industries as a Program Office Manager, Project Portfolio Manager or Project Controller. On my website you will find well-founded and proven project management knowledge that will take you and your organization a step further. more
Top 10 Articles
- How to Use SharePoint Groups and Microsoft 365 Groups in Your Project Site
- The Differences Between Internal and External Risks in Projects
- How to Manage Risk in Agile Projects
- Risks, Problems, Issues and Impediments – What is the Difference?
- What is a Minimum Marketable Product in Agile Product Development?
- What is the Difference Between Uncertainty and Risk?
- Stakeholders Are One of Your Biggest Project Risks
- Do You Know the Difference Between Risk Appetite, Risk Tolerance and Risk Threshold?
- How to Control Agile Projects – Monitoring and Control
- How to Reduce Risks in Product Development